Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Staff Accountant at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Staff Accountant, EPS will be responsible for providing accounting support to the EPS division, which includes corporate based cost creation and analysis, and financial analysis. The Staff Accountant will analyze and maintain accounting oversight of the EPS division, which will include preparation and analysis of reports, as well as frequent communication with various corporate departments, plant locations, and senior management.
- Verify accuracy of department financial statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries as needed to support the product line
- Analyze actual vs. standard results on a monthly basis
- Prepare margin projections for the product line on a weekly basis
- Create monthly cost runs and release to accounting
- Produce month end inventory documents for plants and reconcile inventories after the counts have been completed
- Assists plants with create materials in SAP
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1+ years of Accounting or costing experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- 20-40% travel to plants for meetings
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time