Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Staff Accountant at our manufacturing division in Elkhart, IN. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Staff Accountant performs accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor financial information. The Staff Accountant prepares financial reports in a manner that ensures accuracy and compliance with company accounting policies. This position will maintain accounting oversight of the Elkhart Division which will include preparation and analysis of reports, cost creation, financial analysis and frequent communication with various corporate departments, plant locations, and senior management.
- Verify accuracy of department financial statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Prepare margin projections on a weekly basis
- Analyze and maintain quoting and production materials
- Prepare weekly and monthly scheduling that analyzes the performance of various product lines
- Prepare monthly P&L analysis for review by management
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Prepare schedules for corporate distribution
- Oversees monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory procedures throughout the division
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting or costing experience preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time