Sr. Accounting Analyst
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an opening for a Sr. Accounting Analyst at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible in reviewing and analyzing present and past operations, trends, and costs to provide meaningful data for future operational optimization.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to analyze maintenance inventory and inventory costs to at all Carpenter Co. locations.
Your additional responsibilities as a Sr. Accounting Analyst will include:
- Analyze departmental costs to provide metrics for operational efficiency
- Freight Needs
- Analyze Carpenter freight rates vs carrier freight rates and determine when rate increases should be implemented
- Learn and understand freight and INCO terms attached to customer
- Evaluate actual vs. standard freight costs to adjust overhead rates
- Calculate projected payback of capital project and major expenditure proposals, including net present value projections
- Prepare graphical analysis of projections vs. actual payback on approved projects
- Support Controller and Assistant Controller on an ad hoc basis
- Provide back up support to accountants as needed
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of prior cost accounting and/or analysis experience
- Ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data
- Ability to read, analyze and manipulate large amounts of data
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time