Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has immediate opening for an Automated Slitter Operator in our Bedding Department on 2nd shift [2pm to 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the operation of machinery that cuts and packages foam bedding products. This position will communicate with department manager and lead person for direction of material needing to be cut. This starting pay rate for this position is $20.71 to $21.59 per hour with an additional $2.00 per hour when working 2nd shift hours. The base pay will increase to $22.58 after being cross trained within the department. There is also an additional seniority premium.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations of excellence. This successful candidate will be expected to be efficient in the operation of several pieces of equipment within the department to determine the best material utilization.
Additional responsibilities of the Slitter Operator will include:
- Creates and label all finish products and product that is determined to be stock.
- Uses order listing to determine sizes and amounts to cut.
- Operates foam slitter machines.
- Enters dimensions into control panel and sets other machine parameters.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Operates baler and ties bales.
- Wraps and packages product in polyurethane wrap
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be able to make machine adjustments when necessary while monitoring the equipment to keep downtime to a minimum.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- 1+ months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to read a interpret a tape measure.
- Basic Computer knowledge and ability to use computerized equipment in daily operations.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm- 10pm, but start time varies between 1pm and 4pm depending upon production needs, working 8 - 10 hours per shift
Pay: $20.71 to $21.59/hour
Additional $2.00 per hour for 2nd shift.
Job Status: Full Time