Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Sewer on 1st Shift at our Altoona, PA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assembling individual components and sub-components (fabrics, zippers, etc.) into fabricated, completed customer/consumer products.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to produce sewn materials that meets specific customer/consumer specifications and/or requirements, while ensuring efficiency and quality standards are met.
Additional responsibilities as a Sewer will include:
* Receive and understand instructions from line/lead person, Supervisor, or Management.
* Assemble components and sub-components using specified sewing procedures, into finished/completed customer/consumer product; attach applicable law labels/tags and/or other labels/tags.
* Check final product to ensure quality standards are adhered to base on customer needs or specifications.
* Assist in cleaning equipment and performing basic preventative maintenance.
* Maintain clean work areas.
* Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
* Adhere to established department and production procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
Skills and Requirements:
* Must be able to efficiently and effectively operate sewing machinery and/or equipment.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
* Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
* Ability to communicate, orally and in written form with co-workers, Supervisor, and Management as well as the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Prior industrial sewing experience is preferred.
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $15.93 to $17.89/hour
Job Status: Full Time