**Earn a weekly $60 bonus if you work 40 hours, or a $75 bonus if you work 50+ hours**
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Sewers at our High Point, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assembling individual fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated cushion covers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate directly with cutters, material handlers, machine operators, and other sewers. Works in a normal plant environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the efficient usage of various components to produce cushion covers per customer specifications.
- Receive and understand instructions from area supervisor.
- Accept work (component parts) distributed by material handlers or lead person.
- Assemble using specified sewing procedures, fiber and ticking components into finished product according to specified customer requirements.
- Place finished product into "completed area" for next step in production process.
- Enclose finished cushion with neat seams to meet customer demands.
- Clean equipment and perform basic maintenance.
- Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
- Adhere to established department production procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School education or GED
- Prior industrial sewing experience is required. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and call-in with little notice.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $18.36 to $19.69/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period. $75.00 bonus pay for working 50 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time