Senior Payroll Specialist
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Senior Payroll Specialist at our corporate office in Richmond, VA to support our US payroll process. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operations excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Senior Payroll Specialist works under minimal supervision to ensure that salary payroll processes are run efficiently and accurately on a bi-weekly basis.
- Import weekly/bi-weekly payroll data into SAP, and run payroll calculation.
- Conducts thorough weekly/bi-weekly time card audits ensuring accurate data entry and compliance with company policies.
- Produce, review and interpret payroll reports.
- Review SAP/Kronos maintenance submitted from field locations for completeness.
- Process garnishments, and ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Process rate increases via SAP.
- Process weekly 401k/ RRSP contributions.
- Record payments related to FMLA, STD and LTD within appropriate systems.
- Research and resolve accounting related questions concerning payroll general ledger entries.
Skills / Requirements
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of State and Federal Payroll laws.
- Ability to verify data, totals and correct errors.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to meet and deal with deadlines.
- Ability to operate normal office equipment (e.g. PC, copier, scanner, telephone)
Job Status: Full Time