Security Guard - Rotating Schedule
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Security Guard in our Building & Grounds Department at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to perform security and fire protection observation duties for all the buildings & grounds, and check in trucks. This position will work a rotating type schedule on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift, including weekends. The hourly pay rate for this position is $19.01 to $19.72. There is an additional $2.00 per hour shift premium when working on 2nd or 3rd shifts.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with employees as they enter/exit the buildings through guard entrances. This position will also involve the initial contact for truck drivers and public vendors and answering the phone during off hours.
Additional responsibilities of the Security Guard will include:
- Maintain a visitor log
- Patrol the parking lots and building
- Monitor fire pumps and alarm systems
- Dispatch fire truck drivers and record their activities when the trucking department is closed
- Back up the switchboard after hours
- Greet Visitors to the plant
- Physically verify outgoing shipments, complete paperwork and enter into the computer
- Available to work other shifts in the invent of an absence, vacation, etc
- Monitor weather conditions
- Remain alert and competent at all times during the scheduled shift
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Some computer experience is needed.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including some weekend work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Work with little supervision after initially trained.
- Read procedures and give verbal instructions over the phone.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: 7AM - 3PM
2nd Shift Hours: 3PM - 11PM
3rd Shift Hours: 11PM - 7AM
Pay: $19.01 to $19.72/hour
Additional $2/hr shift premium!
Job Status: Full Time