Security Guard - 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Security Guard at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to perform security and fire protection observation duties for all the buildings & grounds, and check in trucks. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 2PM-10PM.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with employees as they enter/exit the buildings through guard entrances. This position will also involve the initial contact for truck drivers and public vendors and answering the phone when the receptionist is not in or away from her desk.
Additional responsibilities of the Security Guard will include:
- Maintain a visitor log
- Patrol the parking lots and building
- Monitor fire pumps and alarm systems
- Dispatch fire truck drivers and record their activities when the trucking department is closed
- Back up the switchboard
- Greet Visitors to the plant
- Physically verify outgoing shipments, complete paperwork and enter into the computer
- Available to work other shifts in the invent of an absence, vacation, etc
- Monitor weather conditions
- Remain alert and competent at all times during the scheduled shift
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Some computer experience is needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Work with little supervision after initially trained.
- Read procedures and give verbal instructions over the phone.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service.To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time