**Earn a weekly $60 bonus if you work 40 hours, or a $75 bonus if you work 50+ hours**
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Warehouseman / Saw Operator (Horizontal Slitters, Vertical Slitters) on 3rd shift at our Longview, NC manufacturing plant.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to operate cutting machine (horizontal slitter, vertical slitter, and other manual cutting saws) to ensure material complies with customer specifications.
- Perform cutting operations according to programs and customer specifications.
- Perform quality checks on materials to ensure the product meets customer specifications.
- Unload finished cut buns and blocks and transport to next production area.
- Maintain communication with line personnel to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Record pertinent information of programs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification, and operate the truck safely and efficiently.
- Cross-train to operate other cutting equipment as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a saw operator is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
3rd shift, Sun - Thurs, 9:00p - 5:00a.
Schedule may vary depending on work demands.
Pay: $18.36 to $19.69/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a 1.00/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift. Carpenter Co. also offers a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period. $75.00 bonus pay for working 50 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time