Saw Operator - 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a 2nd shift Baumer (BVCC) Operator at our Taylorsville, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the operation of a contour cutter to ensure maximum usage of bun/sheet stock or rolled fiber with minimal generation of trim.
This position requires ongoing communication with management, supervisors and other production personnel. Works in a normal production environment using highly technical computerized production equipment. Loads and cuts material in order to fill customer orders.
- Coordinate with supervisor/lead personnel the daily cutting sequence.
- Calculate maximum material utilization for foam flocks/rolled fiber to be cut based on customer orders.
- Input cutting programs on the Baumer VCC machine and process cutting operations accordingly.
- Sort trim from finished product after completion of cutting process.
- Perform quality control inspection of finished product for accuracy.
- Communicate needs to saw and index operators.
- Clean and perform preventative maintenance inspection of the machine daily.
- Report product deficiencies or equipment malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
- Must be able to operate the 60-88 slitter, forklift, and be proficient in operating the F&K contour cutter as well as the AV-4 saw as backup operator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Three (3) to six (6) months of machine operation experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day-to-day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays with little notice.
Pay: $20.01 to $20.67
Shift Hours: Monday through Thursday 4:30p - 3:00a. Schedules may vary in length.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $20.01 to $20.67/hour
Carpenter Co. offers $1.00 per hour shift differential for all hours worked on 2nd shift.
Job Status: Full Time