Sales Representative, Needle Punch
Carpenter Co. is seeking an experienced and goal oriented Sales Representative to develop and execute the sales strategy for our Fiber division across the U.S. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to expand our existing base of business. The Sales Representative will collaborate with the National Sales Manager and Fiber Production team to achieve our goals. Markets include but are not limited to; automotive components, flooring, building products, and some specialty comfort markets.
- Understand Carpenter’s product offerings and capabilities
- Prospect, develop and maintain customer base for non-woven needle punch products
- Plan, prepare and execute sales, marketing and branding strategies based on industry trends along with feedback from sales and customers to maximize revenue and profitability
- Analyze and understand market trends, industry challenges and new developments to anticipate and capitalize on current and future opportunities
- Extensive travel to customer locations to develop new business opportunities and retain existing accounts
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues pertaining to non-woven products in customer applications
- Work with Manufacturing to ensure customer demands and quality requirements can be met
- Participate in monthly and quarterly sales review meetings
- Overnight travel of up to 50%
Skills / Requirements
- Five years’ experience in Technical Sales within the textile industry; specifically non-woven, needle punch
- Knowledge and experience working within the automotive industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP experience desired
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to work out of a home office
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.