Provide technical guidance for environmental program. Maintain detailed knowledge of environmental regulations and their effect on activities within the company. Audit facility compliance with regulations. Prepare and review permit applications. Deal with regulatory agencies in obtaining permits and on issues involving non-compliance with permit conditions. Manage all aspects of division safety program as directed through Corporate safety. Provide professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of health, safety and workers’ compensation programs for the Lakeland Division. Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of health and safety to assure compliance with regulatory standards and company Policies. Responsible for leading the reduction, mitigation and control of work related injuries and illnesses, vehicle accidents, and associated costs; legal compliance regarding health and safety regulatory standards for the Division. Drives results by being a creative resource and passionate advocate for health and safety.
- Direct programs pertaining to Air Pollution, Water Pollution, and off-site Hazardous Waste Remediation.
- Prepare MER’s for environmental testing, remediation and control projects.
- Evaluate federal and state regulations and interpret applicability to manufacturing operations.
- Screen facility emission data for compliance with regulations.
- Consult with plant on changes in operations that could have an effect on permit compliance. Advise as to actions needed to maintain compliance with permit requirements.
- Prepare technical specifications for pollution control devices required to obtain/maintain permit compliance.
- Interpret and implement corporate safety policies & training for the division.
- Document compliance with corporate safety policies, OSHA Standards, EPA, Hazardous Waste Policy, Etc. Submit reports as required.
- Audit and monitor safety rule enforcement and correction of unsafe acts, conditions, and equipment.
- Implement and monitor safety committee functions at all levels: division, department manager, supervisor, and production floor.
- Conduct and coordinate accident investigations, loss control, and documentation of incidents.
- Develop, maintain, and conduct safety training for managers, supervisors, employees, and new hires.
- Disseminate and follow through with all safety inspections (machine safety inspections and monthly department inspections).
- Manage Worker’s Compensation with claims handling, reporting, filing, and documentation.
- Audit and monitor compliance to OSHA Standards, handle OSHA complaints, liabilities and record keeping.
- Coordinate plant drug and alcohol training and program compliance including scheduling of testing and reviewing of test results with Human Resources.
- Conduct safety orientations for new hires.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical and work hazards.
- Report or review findings from accident, incident investigations and facilities inspections.Train employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents. Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing safety.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and institutional staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Attends conferences, meetings, and workshops to keep up-to-date on new risk reduction methods and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations or to maintain required level of certification.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor Degree (BA) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Four to six years of experience in the Environment and Safety field.
Experienced in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to communicate with regulators both verbally and in written form.
Experience in a manufacturing environment.
SAP experience a plus.
Job Status: Full Time