Retail Vendor Compliance Analyst
Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Compliance Analyst at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for researching and communicating customer requirements to the manufacturing plants. Additionally, the Compliance Analyst ensures that Carpenter Co. complies with all federal and state labeling and fire safety requirements. This position will plan and schedule necessary third party testing and audits to ensure compliance with customer requirements. The Compliance Analyst supports plant locations by ensuring retail compliance requirements are met and/or infractions are reduced.
- Gather and summarize information from all sources (internet, email, vendor guides, etc., and communicate required information to the appropriate individuals or groups inside and outside the company.
- Able to stand and observe manufacturing operations or customer audits for extended periods of time.
- Capable of travel to all plant locations and to our customers’ offices for meetings, audits, or instruction purposes as required.
- Develop relationships with key personnel within our customer community to enhance our ability to resolve chargeback disputes and solve problems that affect our ability to satisfy our customer.
- Request sample Carpenter products for testing by our customer specified labs.
- Navigate and extract information from SAP computer system.
- Follow progress of various improvement programs to ensure that essential elements are attended to.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Prior operational experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- SAP or other enterprise software experience, preferred
- Experience working in a team environment servicing internal and external customers
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time