Research Chemist, Polyols
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an opening for a Research Chemist at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia as a part of our Polyol Applications Technical Service Group. This position is responsible for supporting the technical functions of the Polyol Sales organization through sales and customer interactions and laboratory efforts.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to demonstrate good laboratory practices including good recording of experiment work and project information tracking.
Your additional responsibilities as a Research Chemist will include:
- Technical service responsibility for outside Polyol Sales Division
- Create and maintain technical data and marketing materials for product line
- Manage and execute customer lab projects as well as technical service at customer site
- Manufacturing support for specialty products related to customer needs
- Work with customers to understand requirements
- Provide chemical synthesis support for Chemical systems projects as needed
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's in Chemistry, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years of technical industry experience in polymer or material science discipline
- Experience with urethane or urethane raw material chemistry preferred
- Mechanical aptitude with good verbal/written communication skills
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time