Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st shift Receiving Coordinator in our Receiving Department at our Riverside, California plant. The Receiving Coordinator will be the point of contact for all incoming goods by counting and verifying deliveries, and distributing to the appropriate department personnel. This position will communicate with various department personnel, plant management and vendors as to the status of unloading and receiving process. Responsible for verifying the count of all items received in SAP. Candidates must be able to handle large volume of traffic in a manufacturing environment, including adapting to changes in the schedule/day to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with department manager, supervisor and other employees in the department. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. This position must produce product with varying cutting instructions based on production requirements.
Additional responsibilities of the Receiving Coordinator:
- Unloading returns from branches and customers
- Unload material from vendors and deliver to appropriate locations by lifting boxes, pushing carts and walking
- Record receiving information in inventory control system properly
- Communicate with all areas of operation
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to become forklift certified
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time