Receiving Coordinator 1st Shift Riverside CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift Receiving Coordinator in the Receiving Department at our Riverside, California manufacturing plant. This position is the point of contact for receiving incoming goods and chemicals by verifying the count, description, and paperwork and then distributing to the appropriate department personnel.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. The Receiving Coordinator will be expected to communicate with various department personnel, plant management and vendors as to the status of the unloading and receiving process. The Receiving Coordinator is also responsible for verifying the count of all items received in SAP, and must be able to handle large volume of traffic in a manufacturing environment.
Additional responsibilities of the Receiving Coordinator will include:
- Unload returns from branches and customers.
- Unload material from vendors and deliver to appropriate department locations by lifting boxes, pushing carts and walking.
- Record receiving information in the inventory control system properly.
- Communicate with all areas of operation.
- Adapt to changes in the schedule/day to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
Skills and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret shipping documents.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to become forklift certified.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time