Carpenter Company has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager at our Temple, TX manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of the products and services provided to internal and external customers through monitoring and other quality checks on an on-going basis.
Carpenter Company employees are committed to working hard to ensure we meet production goals while maintaining operations excellence. The Quality Manager is responsible for the training of employees to assure that the quality of the products produced meets the specifications, guidelines and standards designed to produce the highest quality product in the industry.
Additional responsibilities of the Quality Manager will include:
- Directing the product testing process throughout the production cycle until ready for customers
- Monitoring the performance of quality control systems to make sure of the system's effectiveness and efficiency and documents the results for improvement
- Analyzes all quality control testing results; Provides feedback and interpretation of the quality results data to management and manufacturing staff; Directs the tracking of defects, test results and other data required by company policy; Documents testing procedures, methodologies, and/or criteria; Assures that testing analysis is accurate and appropriately correlated
- Identifying quality problems or areas of improvement and makes recommendations to management; Instructs vendors or contractors concerning quality guidelines, testing procedures, and ways of eliminating deficiencies
- Monitoring development of new products to help identify problems before the product is authorized for manufacturing and shipped to the customer; Participates in the development of product specifications
- Compiling quality data through a reporting system to identify nonconformance of products and processes, daily production quality, root cause analysis, and quality trends
- Reviewing and updating standard operating procedures and quality assurance manuals; Reviews quality documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and inspections; Develops and implements technical procedures, lab methods, and work instructions
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control in a manufacturing environment
- Must have at least 3 years experience as a manager/supervisor
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Total Quality Management is also required
Carpenter Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time