Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another - all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co., could be a great fit for you.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Quality Manager at our Russellville, KY manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of products and services provided to internal and external customers through monitoring and performing quality checks. This position communicates daily with most all members of management, customers, vendors, etc.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the Quality Manager, you will direct the activities designed to maintain that products produced meet the specifications, guidelines and standards set forth by the highest quality in the industry. This position monitors the work of QC Clerks involved in the sampling, measuring, and verifying that products being manufactured meet the predetermined quality standards/specifications. The knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations for quality control work, as well as supervisory techniques and a working knowledge of personnel policies and procedures must be used on a daily basis.
Additional responsibilities as Quality Manager will include:
- Monitor the performance of quality control systems and document results for improvement; Establishes and maintains a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Directs the product testing process throughout the production cycle until the product is ready for internal and external customers.
- Maintains the local Quality Systems Manual and updates practices and forms following the Corporate guidelines.
- Identifies quality problems or areas of improvement and makes recommendations to management.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by management and/or Corporate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of demonstrated manufacturing work experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work extended hours as production warrants