Quality Control Inspector
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Conover, NC plant as a Quality Control Inspector to join our 2nd shift team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the inspection of production processes and products, complete QC Lab tests, complete required reports, conduct internal quality audits and perform clerical duties for production and lab testing as necessary.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Communicates frequently with all QC Lab personnel and various representative of plant management. Works in a normal production and lab environment, performs internal audits and provides feedback to the QA Manager. Conducts inspections of various products as required and documents findings for the QA Manager. Also must be able to fill in for the QC Technician.
High School Diploma or GED
MUST have 1+ year experience in a manufacturing process and 1+ year of quality inspection and/or lab experience.
- MUST have one 1+ year experience of quality inspection and/or lab experience.
- Strong math and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Good writing skills required.
- Must be able to operate a weighing scale(s), CLS Saw, Slitter, and operate various laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and interpret customer specifications.
- Above average computer skills required (Word and Excel).
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ensure all foam tests are performed and data into Pouring System and SAP.
- Investigate Return Material Authorizations (RMA).
- Inventory all Lab forms and advise QA Manager when reorders are needed.
- Conduct Internal QMP Audits as directed by QA Manager.
- Conducts inspections of various products as required and documents findings for the QA Manager.
- Collect data and review departmental electronic data collection.
- Audit departmental training.
- Conduct daily walkthrough of the production floor observing processes and noting areas for observation and improvement.
- Complete necessary reports as assigned.
- Assist in the follow up of Corrective Action Reports (CAR).
- Implement the "Value of Order" in the IFD area.
- Miscellaneous office duties as assigned.
- Maintain acceptable attendance standards.
Job Status: Full Time