Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Quality Auditor on 1st shift [6am - 2pm] at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for performing all physical testing, inspection and auditing of incoming, in-process and finished products. This position must also be able to perform the audit processes for correct methods and materials being used to produce the product.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to use lab equipment, saws and tape measures to perform testing to exact procedures, inspect finished products and be able to follow the procedures exactly as written.
Additional responsibilities of the Quality Control Inspector will include:
- Audit product and determine if it meets established specification.
- Record audit results and distribute the information to proper plant personnel.
- Record audit results into computer database.
- Help train production employees on the correct work procedures and materials to be used.
- Record Certificate of Analysis information into the computer database.
- Measure and report product dimensions.
- Use a table saw and automatic slitters to cut test samples.
- Perform physical testing on samples of foam.
- Perform inspections of parts submitted to customers for approval.
- Prepare samples and place in storage.
- Cut samples for Customer approval.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED[General Education Degree] preferred.
- 1+ year(s) of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to read a thickness gauge.
- Some basic computer experience required with MS Work and MS Excel preferred.
- 1+ year(s) of auditing experience or equivalent required.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver foam weighing up to 50 pounds.
Carpenter Co.conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a conditional offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time