Quality Auditor 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co is hiring for a detail oriented individual to join our Temple, Texas plant as an hourly paid Quality Auditor on 2nd Shift, Mon -Fri, 5:00 pm - 1:00 am (17:00-1:00) with overtime as needed.
The Quality Auditor performs all in-process and finished product inspections. This position requires communication with Plant Personnel, Department Managers and Supervisors as to the status of product quality.
The Quality Auditor will be expected to:
- Help inspect finished product being submitted for customer approval.
- Audit product and determine if it meets established specification.
- Record audit results and distribute the information to proper plant personnel.
- Record audit results into computer database.
- Measure and report product dimensions.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Read and understand test specifications and follow them.
- Report on Label Accuracy.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver foam weighing 50 pounds.
- Make decisions if testing fails. May call Production Supervisor, Department Manager or Quality Manager as needed.
Carpenter Co is looking for a committed team player that takes pride in their performance. The Quality Auditor should have the following:
- High school diploma
- Manufacturing experience; preferably within Quality Control
- Quality inspection experience; including auditing, process improvements and compliance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to analyze results
- Intermediate computer skills
Skills / Requirements
Ability to read and interpret a tape measure and product specifications.
Learn to use lab equipment necessary to perform testing.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time