Project Controls Engineer
Carpenter Co. has an opening for a Project Controls Engingeer at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. This position will be a part of our Engineering team and will report directly to the Chief Electrical Engineer. In this position, the Controls Engineer is responsible for electrical, electronic, and computer control systems used in projects worked on by the Corporate Engineering group. The incumbent will work individually or with a project team to design and build control systems. Teams may include outside contractors or working with other Carpenter departments such as data processing or manufacturing branches.
This position will develop and implement complex machine controls for industrial process and fabrication equipment. The selected individual will program and network the system, design the control panel, select sensors PLC’s, components, and setup motion controls. These systems communicate between machines and with the SAP ERP.
Being part of the Project Engineering team, this individual will contribute to best practices and be familiar with new technology.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years minimum experience in the programming and control of industrial machinery and processes.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- PLC programming experience using Allen Bradley RSlogix softwares and Studio 5000 required. Siemens PLC using Step 7 is strongly preferred
- Graphical HMI programming with FactoryTalk View and/or Wonderware is required
- Experience with AC drives such as Allen Bradley Powerflex series, and SEW Eurodrive is preferred
- Experience drawing in AutoCad
- Experienced in electrical controls hardware design, including safety systems
- Experience with ABB robots, including ABB RobotStudio software, and Palletizer PowerPac Pendant programming
- Experience with Fanuc robots. Programming via teach pendant
- Experience with Solidworks
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and NFPA is desired
- Strong mechanical aptitude and computer skills are required
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time