Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for direct supervision for employees and production in their assigned department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Production Supervisor will be expected to organize, direct, and monitor all aspects of production in assigned department, assisting in other departments as needed.
Additional responsibilities of the Production Supervisor will include:
- Involved in daily production planning.
- Supervise production personnel.
- Responsible for overseeing quality in the department.
- Coordinate daily production schedule.
- Responsible for training.
- Responsible for completing customer orders efficiently and to customer specifications while keeping overtime hours at a minimum.
- Responsible for proper equipment operation and to ensure all Preventive Maintenance Programs are being followed and completed.
- Responsible for safety and that all safety policies and rules are being followed.
- Responsible for implementing all company policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for housekeeping per value of order.
- Responsible for setting standards and monitor to ensure they are being met.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership behavior.
- Coordinate with shipping and/or production to ensure timely loading of product.
Skills and Requirements:
- One to two years’ Supervisory experience required to perform the job.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Mechanical experience or aptitude to aid in diagnosing and trouble shooting machines on the line.
- Some PC background, good communication skills, must be able to read a tape measure, and fork lift training.
- Able to delegate duties and responsibilities effectively, as well as to monitor and direct several separate processes.
- Ability to function under pressure is essential.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time