Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor, 2nd Shift, at our Russellville, KY manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the supervision of all production and personnel related functions of the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to directly supervise the functions of hourly production personnel and communicate daily with management regarding production,personnel, scheduling, and quality.
Additional responsibilities of the Production Supervisor may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the direction of hourly employees in the areas of production, quality, safety, and value of order
- Monitor adherence to procedures involving processing of orders and filling out paperwork
- Ensure company policies are being communicated and adhered to
- Management and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods
Skills and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to, Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work off hours; ability to work extended hours as production warrants
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred but not required)
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time