Carpenter Co has a Production Supervisor position on 1st shift open at our Taylorsville, NC branch. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for organizing, monitoring and directing all fabrication processes and activities.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervision of all production, quality, and personnel related functions of the department.
- Directly supervises the functions of hourly production employees.
- Daily communication with department management, production personnel, scheduling, quality, and plant management. Major challenges include the efficient usage of material, machinery, and manpower to produce a quality product.
- Supervise all hourly personnel in daily operations.
- Responsible for the direction of hourly employees in the areas of production, quality, safety, and value of order.
- Monitor adherence to procedures involving processing of orders and filling out paperwork.
- Ensure company policies are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Identify and develop capable people with the talent to contribute to the company.
- Manage and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Review and approve all department personnel time records on a daily basis.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field is required.
- Two to three years' experience required to perform the job
Job Status: Full Time