Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift (2PM-10:30PM Mon-Fri) Supervisor for our Fiber Filtration department in the Richmond, VA manufacturing plant.This individual will be responsible for supervising all shift production and personnel related functions within the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. The Production Supervisor will be expected to directly supervisor the functions of hourly production and maintenance personnel. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining daily communication with the department management, production personnel, scheduling, quality, and plant management.
Additional responsibilities of the Supervisor will include:
- Providing a productive and safe work environment.
- Ensuring that all employees have been properly trained.
- Monitor all aspects of production; maintaining safety, quality, and teamwork throughout the process.
- Monitoring employees performance and attendance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with computers.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time