Production Operators 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for Production Operators on 1st at our Lakeland manufacturing plant. Starting hourly compensation of $15.48 with a rate increase at 6 months. We are currently offering a weekly attendance bonus as well! The Production Operator will perform all functions associated with the production of Lakeland products.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions within a normal production environment including regular interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor.
- Operate all designated equipment
- Understand how to read and interpret a tape measure
- Identify and remove raw materials from inventory or receive from proceeding process.
- Properly maintain inventory and production documentation.
- Perform machine-specific operating tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Navigate through and understand production schedules
- Communicate with material handler for needed blocks
- Use RF scanners to scan material for consumption
- Other duties as assigned
- Monday-Friday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Must be able to work 8 -10 hours, determined by production needs
- Occasional Saturdays
- 401K Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 1 Floating Holiday
- 2 Personal Days
- Generous Vacation
- Weekly attendance bonus
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer experience necessary
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure
- Prior Experience in a manufacturing environment desired
- Must be able to stand/walk 8-12 hours.
- Forklift experience a plus
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $15.48 to $16.54/hour
Salary starts at $15.48 hour. Salary increase in 6 months to $15.98. 2nd shift pays an additional $1.50 shift differential.
Job Status: Full Time