Production Lead Operator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Lead Operator in our Foam Chopping Department on 2nd shift [12pm - 8pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe operation of the Chopline and warehouse area.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with the Consumer Manager and other employees in the departments to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the efficient storage of foam, assuring product quaity.
Additional Responsibilities of the Production Lead Operator:
- Will communicate daily with Dept Mgr on projects and issues in department.
- Willing and able to learn to operate all machines in the department
- Ability to gain a thorough understanding of all equipment in the department and be able to perform all job duties within the department.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift and be certified.
- Ability to read Chop Schedule and run a saw.
- Ability to keep attention to detail and value of order a top priority.
- Will efficiently work as a team and independently.
- Ability to lead and give direction to employees and manages time to ensure stock is available and creates schedules when stock is needed.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Spot Check foam as it is being chopped.
- Check the block area for bad foam and unstable stacks.
- Update the non-conformance report daily and disposition defectives.
- Participation with quarterly department inventory is required.
- Maintain production schedule; assist in coordinating daily production.
Skills / Requirements
- High school education or GED.
- Prior Group Lead or Supervisor experience preferred.
- Some computer experience needed.
- Basic reading and writing skills and be able to use simple math.
- Read and interpret a tape measure and use basic math skills.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate a forklift.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Normal 2nd Shift Hours: 12pm - 8pm
Job Status: Full Time