Production Coordinator - Chemical Blending Department
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Production Coordinator on first shift at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant. The Production Coordinator is responsible for managing the raw material and finished good supply chains of the department as well as handling customer fulfillment activities.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate frequently with the Production Manager and other team personnel, chemical suppliers, vendors, freight brokers, sales customer service, plant personnel and accounting. This position involves working in a chemical production environment with potential for exposure to various conditions and chemical, spills, sprays and vapors.
- Manage raw & intermediate materials and finished goods inventories, including replenishment, transfers, stacking, labeling, and waste handling.
- Oversee Contract Acceptance process and insure all shipments meet customer requirements as stated in orders.
- Manage new process orders (create/closing batch sheets, update/schedule production, manage production board).
- Manage order shipments (obtain freight quotes; arrange drop shipments and product returns).
- Coordinate with Customer Service.
- Create purchase requisitions and verify invoicing.
- Manage vendor records and satisfaction data.
- Monitor & generate reports on shipments, freight, receiving etc. for accuracy, investigating & reconciling discrepancies.
- Maintain electronic document filing system.
- Use of computer/office equipment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
3-5 years’ experience in production environment; Experience in freight and inventory management; Exposure to procurement activities; 49 CFR training and SAP experience.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time