Product Stewardship Regulatory Specialist
Carpenter Co. has an opening for a Product Stewardship Regulatory Specialist at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. This position will focus on providing regulatory support and guidance for all of Carpenter Co.’s product lines, both chemical and finished products, including Safety Data Sheet (SDS) requirements, regulatory requirements, and responding to customer inquiries. This role will work collaboratively with and under guidance of experienced product stewardship (PS) professionals in Carpenter Co.'s Corporate Regulatory group.
- Author and maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels from the supply chain and for Carpenter products.
- Prepare, track and issue Product Regulatory Disclosures in response to customer requests.
- Facilitate requesting, obtaining and maintaining Product Regulatory Disclosure from manufacturers of raw materials or components within Carpenter's supply chain.
- Monitor international, federal, or state regulations for changes that impact Carpenter's supply chain or Carpenter's products.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Stewardship team, R&D, sales, legal and manufacturing operations to prepare chemical notifications, product registrations, and address import/export requirements to support Carpenter’s growing global businesses.
Skills / Requirements
- BS or BA degree in Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Toxicology, Environmental Science, Health & Safety or equivalent
- 2+ years industrial experience in product stewardship, industrial hygiene, hazcom, chemical safety, or environmental regulatory function
- Experience in Safety Data Sheet preparation, chemical labeling, chemical data reporting
- Ability to identify, interpret, and implement federal, state, and local safety, health, and environmental regulations and/or standards that pertain to the organization's operations (e.g. OSHA, EPA, and TSCA regulations)
- Dependable, take responsibility for their own actions, and keep commitments to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Work well in teams, as an individual contributor, as a facilitator, and/or as a leader.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing and/or R&D operations, preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time