Product Stewardship Manager
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Product Stewardship Manager at our M.H. Reinhart Technical Center located in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for providing regulatory support and guidance for all of Carpenter Co.’s product lines, both chemical and finished-products.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the Product Stewardship Manager, you will be expected to focus on managing Safety Data Sheet (SDS) requirements and preparation, domestic and international regulatory compliance, facilitating vendor disclosures, coordinating required data submission for Carpenter product registrations/certifications, and responding to customer inquiries.
Your additional responsibilities as Product Stewardship Manager will include:
- Manage and enhance Carpenter’s product stewardship program, processes, and operating procedures to ensure raw materials and finished products comply with applicable US, state/local & international regulations and conform with relevant consensus standards, voluntary guidelines and 3rd party certification requirements.
- Monitor, interpret, assess and develop compliance strategies to address emerging regulations that impact our capability to manufacture, market, distribute, import or export our products in target domestic and global markets.
- Conduct regulatory assessments of product formulations, new product reviews, raw material classifications; including preparation, review, and maintenance of SDS and labels for our supply chain and for Carpenter products
- Subject matter expert (SME) for product regulatory requirements including labeling, hazard communication, chemical control laws, and product exposure / risk assessments.
- Key resource for product safety questions and work collaboratively with R&D personnel to establish product development and testing protocols
- Maintains regulatory and composition disclosures from raw material or component manufacturers and issuance of Carpenter Product Regulatory Disclosures to customers
- Collaborate with R&D/product development, business leadership, legal, sales and procurement to support new product launches and expanding target product market opportunities
- Coordinate required data submission for Carpenter product registrations and certifications
Skills / Requirements
- 10+ years of product stewardship, industrial hygiene, hazard communication, chemical safety, or regulatory affairs experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Health and Safety, or Industrial Hygiene required
- Master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred
- Certified Professional Product Steward (CPPS) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- Experience with SDS preparation, chemical labeling, and chemical data reporting requirements
- Prior coursework or industrial experience with Toxicology is preferred
- Knowledge of Responsible Care Product Safety Code preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and people management skills
- Project management and problem-solving skills
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.