Product Development and Marketing Associate
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Product Development and Marketing Associate within our Pet Bedding division. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Product Development and Marketing Associate works with and Supports the Product Development Manager and pet bedding team to help ensure that customers have a positive experience. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing sales presentations, customer forms and setting up products for meetings. Additionally, the Product Development and Marketing Associate assists with ensuring the division offers cutting edge products by researching and reporting on current trends within the market.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Researches, interprets, and validates marketplace to ensure designs are on trend for color, fabric, silhouette, and pattern.
- Manages projects, establishes timelines, communicates with internal and external resources, and coordinate deliverables for flawless customer presentations and line reviews.
- Assist the sales team as the product expert for the pet bedding market and acts as the voice of authority on product and market trends that validate product offerings.
- Creates and designs product packaging, original print patterns, new design illustrations, and seasonal trend boards.
- Prepares and manages customer forms and documentation requirements for product set up and other sales related information.
- Supports the sales team with meeting preparation including preparing sales presentations and traveling as needed to customer locations for sales calls.
- Acts as customer advocate within Carpenter. Works with corporate and plant staff to resolve questions or issues as related to orders.
Skills / Requirements
- 1 or more years of consumer goods experience
- 1 or more years of business to business sales experience
- 2+ years or product development support and coordination to major retail customers
- Associates degree
- Moderate proficiency using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user; Power Point, Excel, Word
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.