Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Pourline Operator in our Pourline on 1st shift [6am - 2pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for monitoring before, during and after the process of combining chemicals to product foam for internal and external customers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with all employees on the pourline, the supervisor, manager and technical manager during the pouring process. This position works in a chemical environment with exposure to chemicals and temperature changes.
Additional Responsibilities of the Pourline Operator:
- Checks compressed air and chemical temperatures prior to daily pouring line operations.
- Checks to make sure all pumps are running, chemicals are flowing, and all drives are in good working order.
- Calibrates all chemicals prior tp the pouring process on a regular scheduled basis.
- Monitors all tanks to be used in the daily pouring process to make sure they are open an sufficicient levels to accomadate the daily pouring process.
- During the pouring process changes chemical flow rates and adjust the recipe as necessary to achieve a quality pour.
- Monitors all the plastic during the pouring process.
- Records all pressure and pump rates and enters these readings into the pouring log during the pouring process.
- Enters the chemical lot numbers into the pouring log at the end of the pouring process.
- Checks all chemical disconnects to make sure they are off at the end of the pouring process
- Will also train to be back up for all other pourline positions including railcar, unloading, flat topping and running the PLC.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- 3 months of chemical experience preferred.
- One year of machine operating experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Will provide on the job training
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary test on an annual basis.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2pm
Job Status: Full Time