Chemical Engineer / Pouring Line Engineer
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Pouring Line Engineer in the Prime Pour Department in our Conover, North Carolina manufacturing plant.
This incumbent will receive extensive training on polyurethane slab stock production. In this position you will become familiar with the process, machinery, chemistry and supervision of a polyurethane foam pouring process.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operational excellence. The Pouring Line Engineer will be expected to assist with the direct supervision of hourly production personnel. The Pouring Line Engineer is also responsible for maintaining daily communication with department management, production personnel, scheduling, quality, and plant management. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the supervision of production and personnel related functions within the department. Major challenges include the efficient usage of material, machinery, and manpower to produce a quality product.
Additional responsibilities of the Pouring Line Engineer will include:
- Provide direction to hourly employees in the areas of production, quality, safety, and value of order.
- Develops understanding of pouring line technology and machinery
- Participates in pour line projects
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemical Engineering (preferred)
- 1-2 years in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Prior history of successful accomplishments in work experience and/or projects
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus
- Willingness to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Conover Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time