Polyol Technical Service Group Leader
Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Polyol Technical Service Group Leader at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, VA. This position will be a part of our Chemical Applications Group. In this position the Polyol Technical Service Group Leader will be responsible in managing the polyol technical service and applications efforts. This group collaborates with the Chemical Sales organization through customer interactions and laboratory efforts to drive chemical sales. This management position requires strong leadership capabilities, project management, multi-tasking, communication skills, problem-solving, relationship building, and laboratory practices including recording of experimental work and project information tracking.
- Lead the Polyol Technical Service Group to support the needs of customers and the Chemical Sales Team
- Manage and execute customer lab projects as well as technical service at customer sites
- Manufacturing support for specialty products related to customer needs
- Work with customers to understand their applications and chemical requirements
- Create and maintain technical data and marketing materials for the polyol product line
Skills / Requirements
- BS in Chemistry, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering with appropriate coursework or experience involving polymers
- MS in Chemistry or Materials Science, preferred
- 2+ years of technical management experience including career management for direct reports
- 5+ years of technical industry experience in polymer or material science discipline
- Experience with urethane or urethane raw material chemistry preferred
- Mechanical aptitude with good verbal/written communication skills
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time