Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a PLC Technician on 2nd shift [2pm - 10:30pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to install, repair and maintain to ensure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. This position also operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Additional responsibilities of the PLC Technician will include:
- Advises Maintenance Manager of electrical/mechanical problems and suggests solutions.
- Builds, maintains and repairs all electronic and computerized systems.
- Retrofit machine control systems, reads, modifies and creates machinery electrical schematics.
- Installs, repairs and retrofits motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems quickly and come up with solutions daily.
- Recognizes problems before they occur through a preventative maintenance program.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and design of electrical circuits.
- Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing PLC(Programmable logic controllers) systems and their associated circuits.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred with 2 years of specialty or technical training.
- 4 years of experience in the electronic field and a minimum of 2 years working in an Industrial environment with extensive knowledge of computer systems and advanced electrical/electronics preferred.
- PLC Education/Experience servicing programmable logic systems preferred with Allen Bradley and Siemens Experience Preferred.
- Must have knowledge of programmable logic controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives.
- Must be highly computer literate for the maintaining of machine control systems software and upgrades.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day/week.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and partial weekends.
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm – 10:30pm
Job Status: Full Time