PLC Technician / Electronic Technician
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a PLC Technician / Electronic Technician at our Lakeland, Florida manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to install, repair and maintain all electronic systems to ensure machinery is operating at the optimum level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. This position operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Additional responsibilities of the PLC Technician will include:
- Advise Maintenance Manager of electrical/mechanical problems and suggests solutions.
- Build, maintain and repair all electronic systems.
- Retrofit machine control systems, read, modify, and create machinery electrical schematics.
- Install, repair and retrofit motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives and systems.
- Troubleshoot problems quickly and determine viable solutions daily.
- Recognizes problems before they occur through a preventative maintenance program.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and design of electrical circuits.
- Responsible for diagnosing/maintaining/installing PLC (Programmable logic controllers) systems and their associated circuits.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred with 2+ years of specialty or technical training.
- 4+ years of experience in the electronic field and 2+ years working in an Industrial environment with extensive knowledge of computer-interfacing (advanced electrical/electronics preferred).
- PLC education/experience servicing programmable logic systems with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of programmable logic controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives.
- Must be highly computer literate for the maintenance of machine control systems software and upgrades.
- Ability to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day/week.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and partial weekends.
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- 401K Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time