Plant Utility (Janitor) 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st shift Plant Utility at our Riverside, California manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all areas of the manufacturing plant.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate continually with the Supervisor, Plant Management and the Human Resources Manager. This position works in a normal production environment with exposure to temperature variations and some unpleasant cleaning situations. This position uses moderate physical effort to perform various cleaning procedures to include cleaning of all restrooms daily, cleaning floors, dusting offices, and emptying waste receptacles.
Additional responsibilities of the Plant Utility will include:
- Routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces throughout the shift.
- Clean Plant break room.
- Clean Plant offices, training rooms and hallways.
- Clean the Plant restrooms.
- Clean all exterior windows.
- Clean the front entrance inside and outside.
- Order and restock all necessary cleaning supplies.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work with hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Pick up trash from company property.
- Maintain a neat and orderly supply room.
- Understanding of Carpenter Co. Safe Stacking Policy and recognition of Prohibited and Restricted area requirements.
- Attend all department and safety meetings.
- Advise if vending machines need servicing.
- Clean time clocks.
- Clean water fountains.
- Report any graffiti in company facilities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or two to three years of relevant experience preferred and/or training.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience cleaning.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time