Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Plant Engineer at our Russellville, KY manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to perform all facility engineering functions, including but not limited to, project management, facility and equipment design, modifications, repairs and troubleshooting. This position works with nearly every position within the corporation at various times. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a normal production/engineering environment with exposure to temperature changes and various working conditions based on the assigned project. Major challenges of the position involve monitoring and coordinating a variety of projects running simultaneously.
- Perform all phases of project management
- Perform facilities engineering tasks on buildings, banks, dikes, utilities and grounds
- Perform structural engineering tasks on beams for overhead cranes and hoists, structural modifications of buildings, etc.
- Analyze proposed equipment and/or process changes and perform calculations accordingly
- Serve as Safety Committee Member to investigate hazards and propose solutions
- Monitor environmental concerns of latex waste treatment, sewer monitoring, containment structures, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4-6 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a broad engineering background
Job Status: Full Time