Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Plant Accountant at our location in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits in a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Plant Accountant perform accounting activities in support of the Plant Controller. The Plant Accountant prepares journal entries, assists with P&L review and prepares weekly and monthly reports will have daily communication with employees, department supervisors and plant management.
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare margin projections on a weekly basis
- Analyze and maintain quoting and production materials
- Prepare weekly and monthly scheduling that analyzes the performance of various product lines
- Assists with preparation of monthly P&L analysis for review by management
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Prepare schedules for corporate distribution
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and yearly inventory procedures throughout the division
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of accounting or costing experience preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends when needed.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time