Pilot Plant Technician
Carpenter Co. has a great career opportunity available for a Pilot Plant Technician at the Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. The Pilot Plant Technician will perform basic pilot plant operations and experiments as assigned and detailed by their supervisor. This will include operating one or more pilot-scale chemical reactors and gathering data to be summarized and reviewed by chemists and engineers.
The Pilot Plant Technician will work closely with chemists or scientists on specific tasks to help develop an understanding of chemical processes and products.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Operate pilot plant equipment such as reactors, pumps, and valves, and monitor operating parameters in order to produce quality products for research and development purposes.
- Manually measure small quantities of chemical additives with precision, mix small quantities of chemical components together, and charge them into a chemical reactor.
- Assist with maintenance on equipment as well as installation of new equipment.
- Log important process data to ensure good record keeping and to allow troubleshooting of process issues.
- Safely and responsibly handle hazardous chemicals during storage tank filling, chemical metering, and maintenance operations, using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Assist in maneuvering materials in totes, drums, and smaller containers.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic understanding of standard laboratory and safety practices
- Ability to work with a team
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Beginning/Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
Preferred Experience with:
- Chemical reactors/pressure vessels
- Vacuum pumps
- Swagelok plumbing
- Cooling towers/chillers
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time