Pilot Plant Technician
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Pilot Plant Technician at the Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. The Pilot Plant Technician will perform basic pilot plant operations and experiments as assigned and detailed by their supervisor. This will include operating one or more pilot-scale chemical reactors and gathering data to be summarized and reviewed by the supervisor.
The Pilot Plant Technician will work closely with chemists or scientists on specific tasks to help develop an understanding of chemical processes and products. Additional responsibilities include:
- Operating pilot plant equipment such as reactors, pumps, and valves, and monitoring operating parameters in order to produce quality products for research and development purposes.
- Manually measuring small quantities of chemical additives with precision, mixing small quantities of chemical components together, and charging them into a chemical reactor.
- Assisting with maintenance on equipment as well as installation of new equipment.
- Logging important process data to ensure good record keeping and to allow troubleshooting of process issues.
- Safely and responsibly handling hazardous chemicals during storage tank filling, chemical metering, and maintenance operations, using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maneuvering materials in totes, drums, and smaller containers.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of prior experience running chemical reactions in a chemical plant or pilot plant
- Basic understanding of standard laboratory and safety practices
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time