Pillow Machine Operator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator in the pillow department on 2nd shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating assigned equipment per standards and/or coordinate line production to ensure all lines have what they need for orders to be produced in a timely manner with minimal downtime.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a normal production environment with interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor. This positions may also involve performing other positions in department on the line rotating within the department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Pillow Department Machine Operator will include:
- Operate the holepunch
- Operator the stockinet
- Perform quality checks on materials and finished goods
- Operate the pillow stuffer
- Zip and bag pillows
- Fold and label boxes
- Run tape machine
- Stack finished goods boxes
- Run labels
- Place scrap foam pieces in the baler
- Help with monthly inventory
- Will complete daily production reporting
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience Preferred.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Must be able to stand the full work shift
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2PM-10PM
Job Status: Full Time