Carpenter Co. has an exciting opportunity available for a Payroll Accountant at our corporate office in Richmond, VA to support our US and Canadian payroll process. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operations excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Payroll Accountant ensures payroll policies and procedures are followed by all Carpenter locations including the Corporate payroll department. In addition, the Payroll Analyst reviews and maintains payroll general ledger accounts and provides the Payroll Manager with payroll reports.
- Prepare payroll account reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies
- Prepare and validate weekly US and Canadian payroll journal entries
- Perform period close for payroll
- Review payroll reports for accuracy
- Payroll tax balancing and transmission to 3rd party
- Keep current with payroll processing systems and changes in wage and tax laws, and corresponds with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of the company
- Primary contact for payroll and worker’s compensation audit documentation
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of analytical and/or accounting experience
- Prior experience with payroll preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP and State and Federal payroll laws
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Understanding and knowledge of SAP functionality, preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time