Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co has immediate opening for a 1st shift Painter at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all painting at the location including scheduled painting of interior and exterior of the building, guard rails and production equipment in compliance with Carpenter Co. standards. This position works in a normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to communicate daily with the maintenance manager, other employees and management. Responsible for scheduling and coordinating painting projects with production management to ensure downtime and painting in high traffic areas are kept to minimum. This position works in confined spaces and is subject to work at extreme heights. A major challenge of this position is the ability to apply paint as directed to a wide range of surfaces.
Your additional responsibilities as Painter will include:
- Has the knowledge of all types of paint, supplies and equipment used for painting applications to all types of surfaces including guard rails, interiors and exterior walls, floor surfaces and machinery.
- Supervises contract painters, other contracts and other in house painter helpers working on scheduled painting projects.
- Must be certified forklift, genie boom and scissor lift operator.
- Must have knowledge of the purchase order system and types of paint and equipment needed to finish a project.
- Perform basic carpentry work including building cabinets, production tables, book shelves, walls, hanging doors, mounting signs and other items as directed by management.
- Make sure that all equipment related to carpentry and painting are in good working order at all times to make sure that when needed it will not cause downtime in the production area.
- Maintain “Value of Order” in assigned work areas.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work at heights above 10'.
- Must have have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Forklift Certification, preferred.
- Overhead Lift Certification
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays with little call in time.
- Must have 6 months to 1 year of experience as a painter
Pay depends on qualifications and experience. The Painter hourly rate starts at $20.80 per hour.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time