Overhead Crane Operator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Crane Operator/Utility Operator in our Rebond Department on 2nd shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe operation of the overhead crane and coordinating the movement of foam slabs as required by production demands. This position will also be the Utility person for 2nd shift which includes helping in other departments as production demands. This position pay $18.87 to $20.46 per hour on 2nd shift.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager, Carpet Cushion Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional Responsibilities of the Crane Operator/Utility Operator:
- Reads Daily pour schedule to determine space required to stage finished buns for the day's pour
- Creates the necessary clean space in the warehouse to properly stage slabs of foam
- Uses time efficiently to load multiple lines and remove foam from the pouring line without casing damage to the foam using an overhead crane
- Back-stacks foam according to Carpenter Company Rules and stacks slabs in compliance with Carpenter Company Stacking Policy
- Maintains frequent communication with the cut off saw operator to maintain a constant supply feeding the line
- Inspects crane daily and maintains the inspection log
- Other duties as assigned by a Lead, Supervisor or Manager
- A certification is required for Crane Operation
- Will spend the majority of the time working in other departments on 2nd shift as production demands
Skills / Requirements
- High school education or GED.
- Prior overhead crane experience preferred.
- Some computer experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills and be able to use simple math.
- Read and interpret a tape measure.
- I year or more of manufacturing experience preferred.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm, typical hours
Pay: $18.87 to $20.46/hour
Competitive Pay with Excellent Benefits Package including Profit Sharing!
Job Status: Full Time