OTR CDL - Truck Driver (Amarillo, TX or surrounding area)
Carpenter Company has immediate opening for an OTR CDL Truck Driver for our Temple manufacturing plant, however, the driver will be home-based in the Amarillo, Texas or near surrounding area.. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining a company vehicle to deliver finished products to external customers safely, on time, and following company policies and government regulations within a defined geographic delivery area.
We are looking for OTR driver that would be middle-point between our Temple plant and our Denver branch. This driver will meet and take full load from Temple driver up to our Denver branch and bring empty trailer back for Temple based driver to return.
Carpenter Company employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Receive and understand instructions from Dispatcher, Traffic Manager, and External Customers
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers
- Communicate and relay information to others
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR record within company guidelines
- Follow administrative procedures regarding billing and manifest paperwork
- Transport and deliver materials and service per customer requirements
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations governing the operation of tractor trailers and transportation of company products and materials
- Report conditions that may affect the operations of the trucks and trailers
- Maintain accurate DOT logs to include daily work logs and trip sheets
- Maintain compliance with DOT, both Federal and States, and adhere to all rules and regulations thereof
- Assist in loading and unloading product(s)
- Load and unload hydraulic squeeze trailers
- Perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use
- Fuel and check equipment fluid levels required of unit/units used
- Note any errors or customer concerns to company management as soon as practical
Skills / Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED
- Class A CDL
- 1+ year of driving and product delivery experience
- Working knowledge of all DOT regulations
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time