Operator - Pouring Department- 1st Shift - Tupelo, MS
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for an Operator at our Tupelo, MS manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the monitoring before, during and after the process of combining chemicals to produce foam for internal and external customers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Pouring Department management and personnel, plant management, division accountant, and purchasing clerk.
- Monitors and maintains all rewinds for plastic and paper.
- Assists in placing and splicing into rolls of plastic and paper.
- Assists other operators in setting up and tearing down before and after production.
- Maintains general cleanliness in Pouring Department.
- Operate powered industrial trucks to pick up, move, or load material in support of Pouring operations, as necessary, from production area and from the unloading docks.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area.
- Serve as backup to the pouring utility operator.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- One (1) +years of manufacturing experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time