Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Gluer on 1st shift in our Hickory/Longview, NC manufacturing plant. The individual will assemble foam, fiber, and other sub-components into fabricated furniture cushions.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to assemble and adhere individual foam, fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated products (cushions).
Your additional responsibilities as a Gluer will include:
- Receive and understand instructions from the glue line coordinator, Supervisor, or Management.
- Follow work instructions to assure proper construction of mattresses.
- Adhere to established glue line production procedures.
- Assemble using specified gluing procedures, components into product according to customer requirements.
- Average weight of cushions ranges from approximately 10-15 pounds, and approximately 200-250+ pieces per day.
- Some cushions may be larger, awkward, or bulky, and weighing up to approximately 30-35 pounds.
- Clean gluing equipment and perform appropriate scheduled maintenance.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a gluer is preferred, but not required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hr
Shift Hours: Monday through Friday 6:00a - 2:30p, Schedules may vary in length.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $18.35 to $18.89/hour
Job Status: Full Time